xnx Honeywell Analytics is a highly versatile transmitter that can be set up to receive a signal from any Honeywell Analytics range of gas sensor technologies. The transmitter can also be set up to offer multiple industry-common output signals.
It allows users to access a single interface to handle all their gas detection needs. Therefore, users can use it regardless of the different types of detectors used to deal with numerous gas detection options on the market.
Furthermore, The most effective gas detection systems generally use different detection techniques like inflammable point detectors (catalytic and infrared varieties).
XNX provides an interface for transmitters that are common to all of them. They can be configured to offer industry-standard signals that satisfy the specific requirements of every application or the preferred standard for a particular site. Additionally, if the site’s output criteria change, XNX can be reconfigured to comply with the current standards for output.
XNX could also be more flexible by being able to install additional output modules as new output specifications are released and recognized by the industry.
xnx Honeywell Analytics: The common transmitter platform
The common transmitter platform across the gas detectors you have in your home can bring additional benefits. Standard tools and techniques for installation make it easier and less costly.
The user interface is standard, making the process easier to master. That allows less time to learn and reduces the possibility of misinterpreting messages or making incorrect changes to settings.
Standard spares also lower maintenance and costs on all detectors. xnx lets you use the most suitable gas detection techniques for each application, standardize the interface for those detectors and can offer the appropriate signal outputs. With xnx, the answer is always “yes.
The Modular Design of xnx Honeywell Analytics
The modular design of xnx allows Honeywell Analytics to offer appropriate and cost-effective solutions for various gas detection needs. Moreover, its xnx Universal Transmitter is ideal for those seeking an all-in-one security and monitoring solution for an industrial facility. With the xnx, it is free from adding additional junction boxes, controller relays, monitors, and other equipment components.
- Flammable gas detector from 0 until 100% LFL/LEL.
- Point IR equipped with heated optics offers protection against poisoning, and there are no hidden flaws.
- Open-path IR gas detection for flammable gases in the LEL-m measurement.
- An electrochemical cell can provide toxic gas detection at ppm.
- IR cell offers CO2 and monitoring of combustible gases.
- Reliable and robust operation in hazardous areas and difficult environments.
- Three versions are available – they support the mV (Catalytic Bead and IR Cell), Electrochemical Cell, and IR (point and open-path) gas detection.
- Multi-Purpose detector (MPD) with field-serviceable mV, Catalytic bead, and IR Cell capabilities.
- 4-20mA using HART(r) as normal
- Multiple options for communication include three relays up to MODBUS(r) as well as FOUNDATION(r) Fieldbus H1 (pending).
- Local IS port for HART configuration on a handheld device.
Easy to Use
- Large, bright, easy-to-read LCD that displays sensors that are multi-sensory (visual icons or colored buttons and text.) to show in conjunction with sensors reads.
- The user interface is supported by eight languages that can be selected (English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, French, Russian, and Chinese).
- Self-testing and fault indicating features.
- A non-intrusive, one-person operation.
- Quick calibration using auto-inhibit.
Easy to Install
- 3 or 4 wires Source, sink, or isolated.
- Use with conduits or cable installations.
- Plug-in sensors that are simple and cells that can be replaced.
- NEMA 4X IP66 is rated for tough indoor/outdoor use.
- Training is minimally required.
- One-man operation.
- Replacement of the plug-in sensor.
- All the necessary equipment is included.
- Proven electrochemical sensing technology.
- Supercell ™ electrochemical cells are great for humid and hot environments.
- Long-life sensing cells (typical two years or more).
- Patented ‘Reflex’ sensing element verification diagnostics.
- The sensor recognition program automatically configures the transmitter.
- “Plug and play” factory-configured sensors.
- A secure sensor connection allows hot-swapping, which reduces the time to shut down.
- Supports Honeywell Analytics 705HT, Sense point HT, and MPD sensors.
- Rapid response to a wide spectrum of hydrocarbons as well as flammables.
- Infrared (Open Path IR, Point IR, IR Cell).
- Supports Honeywell Analytics Search line Excel, Search point Optima Plus.
- Failsafe operation.
- Speedy response time.
- Reduction in routine maintenance.
- Immune to poisons from catalytic reactions.
- A long operating lifespan.
- Work in inert atmospheres.
xnx has a worldwide hazardous area and performance certification. In addition, it is in a flameproof enclosure, offered in painted aluminum alloy marine grade and stainless steel 316 models.
A large, backlit, multilingual LCD clearly shows the unit’s status through a combination of text, digits, and icons. Users can alter the operation by using the LCD and magnet switches without needing to open the device.
An additional locally installed HART(r) terminal port is also accessible. Both allow one-person operation, which is non-intrusive and minimizes routine maintenance and cost time. Furthermore, the local LEDs are also included to display the status of the unit in an instant.
XNX Transmitter Sensor Compatibility
xnx Honeywell Analytics Compatibility
The xnx sensor is compatible with any model from Honeywell Analytics’ range of fixed gas sensors for industrial use. Examples include Search Line Excel, Search point Optima Plus, The Sense Point (HT as well as PPM), and Model 705. For more details about these sensors, check their datasheets on each.
The multi-purpose Detector (MPD)
The multi-purpose Detector (MPD) is a stainless steel sensor. It is easy to service by removing the housing with plug-in catalytic and infrared sensors cartridges. Catalytic sensors detect flammable gaseous substances within the range of 0-100%LEL.
Besides, the infrared sensors can measure hydrocarbons in the field of 0-100%LEL Methane (or 0-5% Vol) (or 0-5% Vol) and CO2 0-5% Vol. Check out the section on specs for complete information about the MPD sensor.
xnx EC sensor
This xnx EC sensor interface with the XNX transmitter is entirely secure. It allows the sensor to be hot-swapped without needing hot work permits. Additionally, it lowers the costs of owning the detector by decreasing the cost and time to maintain it.
The xnx Transmitter Configuration
xnx has three fundamental personality types (configurations) that support various sensors. The personality boards and the optional output interfaces are contained within Electronics POD (Personality Options and Display). This POD is the one that determines the xnx transmitter’s behavior according to the type of sensor attached to it as well as the chosen output options.
The mV (millivolt) personality is available for all mV input sensors such as MPD, Sense point PPM, HT, and Model 705. Model 705. This EC (Electrochemical cell) can also work with xnx EC Oxygen and toxic sensors. This IR (infrared) character is intended for use with Search Line Excel open path and Search Point Optima Plus point for infrared gas detections.
xnx Honeywell Analytics Transmitter Manual Pdf Download 2 Now
Click Below to download xnx Honeywell Analytics Transmitter Manual Pdf Download 2.
xnx Honeywell Analytics is intended for use in potentially explosive surroundings.
It means installation must follow national standards using mechanically protected cables and glands (M25 or 3/4 ” NPT) or conduit. Make use of 0.5mm2 (20AWG) or 2.5mm2 (~13AWG) cross-sectional area cable to ensure the minimum operating voltage to the detector, based on the length of the cable installed. 5 M25 (ATEX/IECEx certified version) or 3/4 “NPT entries (UL/CSA version) are available. Entry points can also be utilized for local mounting of a sensor or to accept the cable or conduit from a remote-mounted sensor.